You start the design process by browsing some room styles then decide which photo or style you prefer. They are separated into six main styles which are still popular today. Look at them all then choose a style, click on the photos and that will take you to a sub page. Here the styles are divided again so choose another photo and click. Browse as many as you want but you can only choose one style per room. Once you have made your decision fill in the contact form and pay online. The photo or style you choose will not be exactly what your finished look will be. I work with you and your existing furniture and taste to get a more bespoke look just for you. Once your payment is received, you will get a confirmation email.
You will then be sent to a details page where we ask you to fill in some general information about; the room you are decorating, your lifestyle, approximate room dimensions, preferred colours and budget for the paints/fabrics/etc. Do not worry if at this stage you are unsure just do what you can. I will email if necessary, to gather more information. Upload a few photos of the room including furniture/lighting/flooring that you will be keeping.
You will receive two mood boards (a mood board gives an idea of the finished scheme with colours and style) for you to choose from. Let me know which is your preferred choice, then approximately 10-14 days later you will receive the finished design to your inbox.
In your finished design you will receive:
- One PDF Mood Board
- A list of paints / wall coverings with codes, where to buy and fabric choice information.
- Design advice sheet- Use this simple to follow guide to achieve the look you want. (PDF)
- Furniture placement advice with examples of room shapes. (PDF)
- Lighting advice including some ideas on how lighting can make a difference to the feel and look of your room. (PDF)
- A colour advice sheet explaining the principles of colour choice and how it affects your mood and your chosen design. (PDF)
- Window coverings advice (PDF) What to consider when making your choices. Wooden Blinds, Roman blinds, Sheers, Curtains, Shutters.
- Accessorising your room. (PDF) This is the fun bit! Colour can be added anywhere and this information sheet will help you make the right choice if you follow my advice.
- You will also receive in the post some samples of Paint and fabric swatches (where available)